Setting up WordPress for your fan site
Many of our hostees choose to use WordPress because of its great theme system and advanced features. Sites like Chris Brown Online use WordPress because it gives them great control over content and allows for a really slick interface!
WordPress is easy to set up on CelebFanatics. This guide explains all the steps necessary to get started. If you have any problems, please refer to WordPress Official Website for assistance.
WordPress Database Setup
Your database should now be setup!
- Review your welcome email from CelebFanatics. It has your username and password.
- Log into the CelebFanatics control panel (DirectAdmin). Your control panel URL is in your welcome message.
- Click on "mysql management"
- Click "create new database"
- Enter database name. Your username username_ will be the prefix. Please enter wp in the text box as the suffix. (example: joe_wp)
- Enter database username. Your username username_ will be the prefix. Please enter wpuser in the text box as the suffix (example: joe_wpuser)
- Enter a password. Write this password down.
- Re-enter the password
- Click create.
WordPress Software Setup
You are done! Enjoy!
- Download Wordpress stable version from here, WordPress Download
- Unzip it on your local system
- Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like notepad or similar and fill in your database connection details:
define('DB_NAME', '[USERNAME]_wp'); // The name of the database from above
define('DB_USER', '[USERNAME]_wpuser'); // Your MySQL username from above
define('DB_PASSWORD', '[PASSWORD]'); // ...and password from above ( you wrote it down right? )
- Save the file as "wp-config.php"
- Using the ftp login information in the welcome email log in to FTP Server:
Open the folder "public_html"
Upload all wordpress files
- Open http://[YOUR DOMAIN]/wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again.
- Enter blog title and email address
- Click "Install wordpress"
- Take note of username and password supplied!!!! The email address entered in the previous step should receive a confirmation email.
- Browse to http://[YOUR DOMAIN]/wp-login.php and log in with username and password.
Now you probably need some nice themes or designs to make your new WordPress fansite look hot.
Check out these sites for some tips: